Polmitraz is an emulsifiable concentrate containing 125 g/litre of the unique ingredient amitraz and is specifically formulated for animal ectoparasite control. It has exceptional activity against a broad spectrum of ticks, mange mites, lice and keds.
Polmitraz helps farmers avoid both direct and indirect losses due to ectoparasites.
- Result of discomfort and damage caused by the parasites. Discomfort results in drops in milk production and retarded growth rates.
- Ticks, mites blowflies and sheep keds cause direct damage to skin and other subcutaneous tissues.
- The presence of salivary and fecal antigens from burrowing ectoparasites can result in significant hypersensitivity in some animals.
- Feeding activity of the ectoparasites may result in significant blood loss, secondary infestations and pruritus.
Indirect losses are due to diseases transmitted by ectoparasites including:
- Tick borne diseases - babesiosis, theileriosis, anaplasmosis, dermatophilosis
- Flies - transmit mastitis and keratoconjunctivitis, trypanosomiasis
- Midges - transmit bluetongue, African horse sickness